Monday 28 May 2012

Die Neue Deutsche Welle

   I decided to celebrate Memorial Day in my own special way today.   That is, by scouring the cheap bins of local flea markets for some new records.    My only purchase today was this gem:


   "Die Neue Deutsche Welle Is Da Da Da" (The New German Wave is Da Da Da) caught my eye with its beautiful German flag sleeve.   I recognized a few artists listed, such as Yello of "Oh Yeah!" and Ferris Bueller's Day Off fame.   First listen revealed some great tracks such as "Scherbenlilli" by Claudia Robot and "Taxi" by Jawoll.   The internet has surprising little information about most of these groups.   I'm curious to learn more about Claudia Robot, although from I can it seems she(?) only released one single.    There is some really excellent material here for the lovers of quirky new-wave that brings to mind equals parts Flying Lizards and Lene Lovich.   


No comments:

Post a Comment